Followers

Friday, July 2, 2021

Pelmeni and Community Building

Pelmeni, or meat-filled dumplings, is a Russian National dish. Mom's recipe, tried and true, fail-proof, is found HERE

While now everybody is using the pelmeni mold, to save time, but making pelmeni by hand (see shaping technique below) used to be a family (or even community) event. People caught up on news, made plans, and made delicious dumplings. Some dumplings were cooked and eaten while fresh but most of pelmeni were frozen, to be used for quick meals. In Siberian villages, where it was very cold and snow was clean, pelmeni were frozen outside and stored in a cold cellar.

Sure, you can buy frozen ravioli but there is nothing like homemade pasta that melts in your mouth, with juicy meat inside. Is your mouth watering yet? Head to my Facebook group and make them today! :)











2 comments:

  1. Ah, I wish I have seen this earlier, I could have added this recipe as part of my curation in my Knowledge Sharing Assignment! Nonetheless, thank you for sharing this and I look forward to trying to make it myself, especially since there is a hurricane expected to blow by next week! This looks like a hearty enough meal to get me past it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelvyn,

    Let me know if you make it. It's delicious! You can find more recipes here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/173684861407705

    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Sample Instructional Module

Sample Instructional Module (c) 2021 Tatyana Pashnyak