Followers

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Five of My Favorite Classroom Tools: Create-A-Pin Challenge

Maybe you are a brand new teacher or not... My hope is that you will find something on this list that sparks your interest and maybe even shows up in your classroom. I am mentoring another teacher this summer, who is not new to teaching but definitely a digital immigrant, and thus a reason for this list. 

1. Nearpod: I use this tool frequently in my classes because it is easy to set up (quickly create slides or even upload slides and tweak), helps me to keep students engaged via critical thinking discussions and trivia game style review questions, can be assigned to any students who were absent that day, and ability to quickly assess any weak points I need to reteach.
2. Kahoot: Who said reviewing the material should be boring? On the contrary! My students look forward to our Kahoot days and study the material because they want to win! It is a trivia game style approach to go through review questions, easy to set up, and so much fun to play!


3. Flipgrid: A fun way to have interactive discussions! Awesome for my shy students who may not speak up in class but thrive online. Students respond to a prompt using a short video and then respond to the classmates' videos. 



4. Seesaw: A cool way to present project ideas and collaborate with classmates. It is an awesome alternative to the typical written project. Students can use a variety of formats and their creativity shines through. It becomes a digital portfolio throughout the school year.


5. Padlet: It is an alternative to boring LMS discussion boards as students can respond to prompts via text or pictures, see what others have posted, and respond to their classmates. 




2 comments:

  1. My kid is totally into nearpod right now.
    We'll have a week when we look at these tools later in the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students love Time to Climb feature and study hard to win. I may have prizes, too... ;)

      Delete

Thank you!

Sample Instructional Module

Sample Instructional Module (c) 2021 Tatyana Pashnyak