Followers

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

St Petersburg, Russia: The Hermitage Museum Tour

Even though all of us were negatively impacted by COVID-19 global pandemic, there is always a silver lining somewhere. We now have an amazing YouTube collection of recordings of many famous museums around the world. When global travel halted, many lovers of art used the power of social media to share their beloved museums with other people around the world. How cool is that?

Here is a tour of one of my favorite museums, The Hermitage, in St Petersburg, Russia. You can wander the Winter Palace for days, admiring its architecture and enormous collection of art. Did you know that its façade is 705 feet long and 98 feet high? There are 1,886 doors, 1,945 windows, 1,500 rooms, and 117 staircases. 




1 comment:

  1. I miss going to museums. I think the Pinterest board I built for this class reminded me of how much I love strolling through museums. I don't think I will get to Russia, so thank you for this lovely tour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Sample Instructional Module

Sample Instructional Module (c) 2021 Tatyana Pashnyak