Followers

Friday, July 16, 2021

Digital Citizenship Memes

 

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement! Simply telling students what to do goes in one ear and flies out the other. We need to provide opportunities to apply digital citizenship best practices and behaviors and model those ourselves.




I usually share real-life stories with my students and we discuss the implications of permanent digital footprint.









This poster hangs in my classroom and I refer to it often, as we discuss various related scenarios.



3 comments:

  1. I love these memes! Thank you for sharing. Especially the one in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great point about teaching students that their online activity does not disappear after they hit send. When I was working in my elementary internship I never thought I would have to talk to my students about this, but after teaching 4th/5th I realize how active my students are online. I love the poster you use in your class, I need to incorporate something like that in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job using memes in this post! I've seen the THINK acronym used in elementary schools to help with students' verbal communication, but having it used in the digital citizenship context is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Sample Instructional Module

Sample Instructional Module (c) 2021 Tatyana Pashnyak