Followers

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Digital Detox Challenge

It has been a rough week, as I already wrote in my post earlier this week. Because I had difficulty concentrating, it has taken me much, much longer to finish an assignment that would have probably taken a few hours otherwise. I was very frustrated as I have fallen further and further behind. Thus, as soon as I submitted my missing assignment, I immediately began working on this week's module. Then I saw this challenge... and immediately thought -- no way, I am too far behind to complete this challenge, even for 24 hours... but maybe I could?

Because I was not feeling well, I was not very active in the online world for almost a week but it was a very different experience... I could not relax and enjoy the break... On the contrary, I was more worried than relaxed.

A challenge is not a challenge unless it is challenging, so I decided to go into digital detox at 11 am yesterday, for 24 hours. Here is what I did instead:

St Augustine Beach, before thunderstorms rolled in...

Washington Oaks Gardens State Park, rocky beach

Washington Oaks Gardens State Park, so peaceful... 

This book has been on my reading list for some time... only read a few chapters before I fell asleep but enjoyed it...

Results? Yes, I am refreshed and reenergized, making good progress on my remaining assignments for this week. So glad I accepted the challenge!











3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Those photos are beautiful as well! It is important to get R&R when needed - as I get older, I'm finding I need it more and more. I really hope to make it to the shore at some point this summer, but with class and other responsibilities its been tough. Glad you're feeling refreshed, and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like the coast to help you detox from A LOT of life. I relaxed just looking at your pictures! THANK YOU! I too am struggling to keep my head above water with 2 graduate classes, a fulltime job, and teaching 3-4 evenings a week. So, I rearranged my priorities, recognized the realities, and stopped teaching – for now. I instantly felt lighter and hope to feel less stressed about everything in general.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouraging comments! I think I will plan a few hours of detox every week this summer, maybe even a full day. We shall see... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Sample Instructional Module

Sample Instructional Module (c) 2021 Tatyana Pashnyak