Followers

Sunday, May 16, 2021

I teach AP Computer Science Principles and we use an approach called rubber duck debugging which allows programmers to troubleshoot the code. Even though ducks don't talk back, it turns out just explaining the code to somebody (or something) can help a computer programmer to find a problem.

While rubber duck debugging is not an application of Web 2.0, I think it may be one explanation of why we are fascinated with online communities. Are we programmed to communicate and talking things out activates our critical thinking? Is that why we crave social interaction? What do you think?

My students are taking their AP exam tomorrow morning and I have a surprise for them. You will have to wait until my next post to find out. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Sample Instructional Module

Sample Instructional Module (c) 2021 Tatyana Pashnyak