Followers

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Grades are posted, a few of my online students are still taking their Microsoft Office certification exams tomorrow, and half of my computer lab is packed... Last day with students is tomorrow, than two post-planning days and I am done with this school year. Very few students were on campus today but, interestingly, most of my online students logged in to say hello, even though we were just reflecting on this past year and making plans for the upcoming year. 

While many people complained about hybrid learning this year, my kids did well. It was hard on me, working hard to engage students both in class and online, but all kids thrived. Very proud of them -- they are truly digital natives and rose to the challenge, by quickly learning new technology and adapting to new requirements.

Several of my kids volunteered to help with packing up the lab. Because our maintenance crew needs to polish floors, we are required to pack the entire lab and then unpack again in August. Probably two of most daunting tasks every school year...

My room is full of boxes, piles of cords, etc. Then back to what is shown below, in August...




2 comments:

  1. Hi Tatyana! I am glad to see that your students have successfully completed their course despite the challenges of a hybrid model.

    I think most of us, at least in my case, tend to underestimate how quickly and efficiently this "generation" of learners can adapt, especially when it comes to technology. My cousin-in-law was just complaining about how her son (recently turned 3) has figured out how to use her Facial ID to unlock the phone, and find his favourite Youtube videos to watch!

    Maybe this transition towards digital learning is harder for the teachers (at least I do see my mum struggling) than it is for the students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelvyn! Yes, I believe that's a defining characteristic of digital natives -- an ability to adapt and adopt technology quickly and efficiently. Digital immigrants take much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Sample Instructional Module

Sample Instructional Module (c) 2021 Tatyana Pashnyak